The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Re: The official "shocking ride from Joseph O’Brien" thread

Home Forums Horse Racing The official "shocking ride from Joseph O’Brien" thread Re: The official "shocking ride from Joseph O’Brien" thread

del_boy
  • Total Posts 386

anybody who thinks joseph done nothing wrong on camelot is just saying it because they can and because camelot lost. its almost as if they wanted camelot to loose, and they are glad that he has. why?

francome talks complete **** as well. why wasn’t camelot at his best today? because he didn’t win? the horse was flying at the end.

it disgusts me at the way joseph was sitting there motionlessly when the camera focused in, and all the others were hard at work. after the race, you can see when joseph is pulling camelot up that he knows he has messed up, by the look on his face. not because of the horse losing, but because of his errors.

nevertheless, i will back camelot for the arc, providing he runs. i fail to be drawn into the aob is "avoiding the older horses" with camelot.

Francome does (apparently) make some money by pinhooking. He should know about the way a horse travels. I don’t know if he’s right or wrong. But it’s possible he’s right.

By going up the inner, Joseph had to wait for a gap, as you say "sitting there motionless" though it was hardly that. When there are horses directly in front a jockey can’t do anything else. In the meantime Barca had got first run on Encke. Joseph gained for a while, but The horse wasn’t "flying at the end". If you look at a replay Del_Boy Camelot made ground up after he got out, but being held in the final strides.

Ballydoyle were going for History today. It’s absolutely understandable Aidan bungled his words and for Joseph to look devastated. They had a great chance of pulling it off, so naturally both father and son will blame themselves; especially a nineteen year old.

Not that you sound any older Del_Boy. :lol: I was urging on Camelot like everyone else. As I said, apart from going up the inner, can’t see Joseph did anything wrong. However, looking at how the runners fanned out (in a one sided arrowhead entering the straight) he had little choice but to go up the inside.

It’s sad Camelot didn’t win, you seem to want someone to blame. These things happen.

i disagree about joseph having to wait for a gap. his errors of going inside are what forced him to have to wait for a gap.
whether lestor piggot done the same thing and got beat on Camelot I would still hold the same opinion. its hardly looking for someone to blame, just a little constructive criticism. after all, if you can’t have that in a spectators sport, what is the point?